COPYRIGHT ©, Rug Renaissance, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
What is "Copyright?"
*Copyright is a form of protection provided by Canadian law to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
The Copyright Act gives the owner (the creator) of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work
- To distribute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- To display the work publicly
It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.
- Rug Renaissance legally owns and reserves all rights to her intellectual property,
- It is a violation of Canadian and international Copyright law to reproduce, or copy, Rug Renaissance images, writings, or trademarks.
- Federal and international copyright laws strictly prohibit reproduction, of any kind, without prior written authorization.
- This means it is illegal to print or electronically copy any image outside of the rights of purchase for personal use
- If you own a print or an original work of art, you own just that. You do not also own the license, nor do you posses the right, to reproduce, or distribute Rug Renaissance intellectual property in any way.
- If you reproduce Rug Renaissance intellectual property, except for the Rug Hooking purposes as outlined in this site and without written consent, you are guilty of copyright infringement and this is a violation of Canadian and international copyright law.
Please note, violators will be, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.